Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cooking is Tricky

Only one hotplate and no fan in my cabin. Kind of precludes all but the most rudimentary menu items. Today dinner was frozen vegetables softened in the microwave with salsa poured on them (lathered is more accurate since litres more came out of the bottle than I wanted. Yuck). This duet of pleasure was eaten with tortilla bread roti-style.

Lunch has been peanut butter sandwiches or Tim Horton bagels with Herb and Garlic cream cheese. The good news I should lose some weight this year, the bad news is I might die from malnutrition. Just kidding. I'm eating a lot of vegetables and a decent amount of protein (I could use more, but still).

However, I've always admired those with attuned palates. I would love to eat rare, hard to pronounce dishes and impress girls unfortunate enough to accept invitations to my palatial, pink shed with my skillet prowess and seasoning finesse.

If anyone knows of any cookbooks outfitted for those surviving in a MASH tent in a war zone or Rampant Masturbating Bachelors please send those titles my way - I think only such punctilious titles would aid someone with my ability and resources.

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I have a cookbook called
The Rookie Cook and in the intro it talks about cooking in war zones and Rampant Masturbating Bachelors. I'll bring it with my when I go west.
I will also bring Koba the Dread. No recipe's in that though..

8:05 AM  
Blogger Jag said...

Yeah, the only recipies Koba he Dread has are ones for fun! And despotic rule. Thanks for caring! You are a true friend,A. I shall make you a dinner to remember when you visit.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jag said...

Oh, Cosanna. The good news is I don't have an oven to forget thngs in...I'm thinking of living off hummus for the rest of the year.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home