Monday, March 12, 2007

4 weeks of solitude

I got the job as director. Which is wicked cool. But now the tsunami of school work begins. Our Art Director hasn't showed up to any meetings yet and the new project protocol posits that a teacher must be present for all your production meetings. I mean, yes - they are there to help, but having them overlook as you work is kind of like the prinicpal walking into the classroom. I feel somewhat on edge. Oh well, suck it up I suppose.

I think it'll be a lot of fun to shoot, I really don't want to fuck this up. Production goes for the next four weeks, so I'm afraid I will once again become a hermit who never responds to e-mail or goes out. I do apologize.

Why are we taught that, as long as it's only sometimes, it's okay to put work before people? Why should that ever be acceptable?

True, I prefer makig movies to some people that I have met, but not you guys. And although I do this for selfish intrinsic gains, I also do it so I may be with you over this sure-to-be-glorious summer as a happy, satisifed man.

I have become a revler in a job well done. I have become someone daring to call themselves such pretentious superlatives as 'artist' and 'movie maker'. Hopefully you'll like my movies from this semster, we'll have a screening when school's over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Gerald. Jag, I will continue to post comments of this nature til you buck up and actually show us some of your work.

8:14 PM  
Blogger bingofuel said...

I miss you, Carl Jagathon. But I'm jazzed you're doing what you love. I just wish you "loved" and "would do" me as well.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitchin'. Thanks to del.icio.us forcing me to cull my bookmarks a bit, I finally found the piece I was thinking of...

http://www.ideasonideas.com/2006/10/9-to-5/

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home