Saturday, December 09, 2006

Nostomania

I spent 13 hours and 8 hours in the editing lab on Thursday and Friday respectively. But the boys and I have finished our 25-minute opus “The Elevator”. I have six exams in three days next week, which is gross, but I’ll be home soon and I can’t wait.

I’m tired and unshaven and I haven’t showered in three days. I love making movies. I’ve also taken my passion for the film Chasing Amy and surprisingly have started to live it…

We finished shooting the elevator footage on Monday and it turns out that the best actors in Cap College are in the film program not the acting one – you will see it soon, all the shit is on my laptop.

Also we had our screening of the third mini project and the story I wrote about rape and revenge made everyone laugh. My ego could be talking and I could say they were uncomfortable with my intense story and laughter was their way of dealing with it, but I think we just didn’t shoot it well enough. I got kudos from all the instructors on the screenplay but something happened from the page to the screen and the story beats were lost. It happens, I guess – you fall in love with cool shots and interesting angles and lose sight of the only reason people like movies in the first place: good stories.

This is written ridiculously badly, but I haven’t slept in a while. The Oilers are the best hockey team in the world and I’m a coming home in eight days. Love…. love…. love….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home