Sunday, November 19, 2006

THE WINDS OF SEX


We have started pre-production on our third and final film project for this semester. I’m working with people from the other sections; we had our first meet-and-greet on Friday. I was nervous I was going to be stuck with a bunch of buckets of yuck and fuck ups, but my group got the ball rolling quickly and I’m super stoked we’ll make a sweet-ass flick. Since I like to brag, I impart: my script was chosen to be made. That makes me three for three, suckas! I dig it, besides the 15-minute script I wrote, it’s my favorite story I’ve done. I will be Assistant Director on the set and Assistant Editor in post.

The above picture of myself, Davis (in the middle) and Dylan looking like the biggest losers you have ever met was taken on Wednesday at Davis’ place by his…”friend” Jessica (it’s complicated).

Anyway, Davis was directing a short about two people having an affair and I was doing sound, which is a fancy way of saying I held the boom pole and Dylan was Camera. Davis cast his two roommates, Jim and Sophie, as the illicit couple. They are both professional, trained actors which was a scholastic accomplishment I was, historically, skeptical of – but they did great and the questions they asked and the attention and listening they displayed in the scene entrenched in me the belief there is something to be said of those who study acting.

It looks great, and is part of the collective piece that I shot my junkie scene with Jess for. It’s due in two weeks, so I’ll be sure to get a DVD copy made. Perhaps for an Alberta premiere when I get back to Edmonton on December 17th. Mark your calendars.

During a scene that had Jim and Sophie lying in bed, post-coitus, there was a continuity error so it had to be re-shot. What had happened was that before they got it on, Sophie lit a candle on the bedside table that was out as they lied there. Davis noticed this and wanted to have the candle still going. However, Dylan offered that it was fine that the flame was extinguished, as Dyl put it: “You know, maybe the candle went out because of the winds of sex…” I nearly collapsed. There it is: the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Whatsa matter, Gerald? Jag, nice hat. You kids look so earnest - it's adorable.

~Classic Diz

10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't get why the guy in the middle was so unhappy until I searched for your left hand.

Is your stuff up on Youtube yet?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jag said...

You should see where my weiner is....I'm tired.

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home