Monday, January 08, 2007

Bending a Wrench With His Bare Hands

Well, I am safely ensconced in my tiny bedroom nestled between Burrard Inlet and Grouse Mountain. It was hard leaving the comforts of Ma and Pa’s, but this is where I belong and playing video games with Davis and Dylan last night confirmed this.

The first class back today was less encouraging. It seemed to go glacially slow and desert dry. I should have expected as much after a three-week hiatus. It’ll take a couple days for the cobwebs to clear and get the machine rolling again – man, I’m going to miss sleeping.

I wrote a 5-minute script that I was hoping to shoot in Edmonton, but in never came to fruition, but I think if I can get the actors together I will shoot it this weekend with the boys.

For some reason I had some paralyzing fears last night that kept me up. They mostly involved me being ineffectual. That I’ll never make it movies. That I’m one of those people who never work and never leave their parent’s house. It was irrational and weird, but still vexatious. Do you ever feel that way? That you’re not that close to the person who you want to be? I don’t know – the best remedy is keeping busy, I guess. I think there’s a danger in having too much time for reflection. You know? All the spurious woes have time to germinate and breed.

Anyways, in closing, here’s the greatest thing I have ever seen in the whole wide world:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home